The Company: Bet.co.za
Role Name: Brand & Communications Manager
Location: Somerset Road, Green Point, Cape Town
Role specifics: Permanent position – subject to probation period
Brand and Communications Manager is in charge of providing strategic input and direction for the brand, developing style guides, templates, and other materials, developing non-campaign brands while keeping the company’s vision, mission, and objectives in mind; and advising internal and external stakeholders on issues relevant to the brand.
- Develop and implement marketing and communications campaigns and strategies and monitor their success
- Define key performance indicators for each communications channel which will indicate a campaign’s level of success
- Determine strategic communications campaigns that will help further organizational goals
- Create internal communications protocols and initiatives that will foster employee moral
- Oversee the creation of marketing and communications collateral to ensure that it is consistent with the organization’s brand, including white papers, website copy, and more
- Write and deliver internal newsletter on a monthly basis
- Represent the organization at events and press conferences
- Reach out to influencers, media and beyond in order to arrange story placement on a national and global level
- Collaborate with key stakeholders on improvements in the organization.
- Work with cross functional teams to drive the outcomes in various areas.
- Manage relationships with suppliers
- Liaise with colleagues to work together and provide consistent, excellent service as a team.
- Demonstrate willingness to help each other.
- Give and receive direct constructive feedback.
- Take ownership and accountability for tasks and activities and demonstrate effective self management.
- Follow through to ensure that quality and productivity standards of own work are consistently and accurately maintained.
- Support and drive the business’ core values.
- Minimum 3 years in a related role
- Degree or Diploma or Certificate in a relevant field
Technical Knowledge / Competencies
- Industry Knowledge: Strong understanding of the gaming and hospitality industry.
- Betting Markets: In-depth knowledge of various sports, including rules, teams, players, and competitions. Understanding of different betting markets and odds formats.
- Betting Terminology: Familiarity with common sports betting terminology, including types of bets, betting markets, and betting jargon.
- Market Research: Ability to conduct market research to identify customer preferences, industry analysis, and emerging trends in the sports betting industry.
- Customer Segmentation: Understanding of customer segmentation and profiling techniques to tailor marketing strategies and promotions for different customer groups.
- Betting Marketing Strategies: Knowledge of marketing strategies specific to the sports betting industry, including customer acquisition, retention, and loyalty programs.
- Betting Industry Trends: Awareness of industry trends, technological advancements, and emerging markets in the sports betting sector.