The Company: Betjets
Role Name: Finance Manager
Location: Claremont, Cape Town
Role specifics: Permanent position – subject to probation period
Hours of work: Monday to Friday 9:00am – 17:00pm
Betjets, an enterprising contributor in the sports betting industry, provides targeted marketing and operational support for two unique brands. With one brand enjoying established success and the other a burgeoning player in the sector, we are expanding our professional ensemble. We are currently seeking an experienced Finance Manager.
- 5+ years of experience in Financial Management
- Proven work experience in a relevant role.
- Degree in Finance or any relevant tertiary education.
- Experience in using Xero or similar accounting platforms.
- Exceptional knowledge of tax and gambling legislation.
- Ability to manage all finance functions.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong management and communication skills.
- Strong analytical and reporting skills.
- Proficiency in English.
- Management Accounts within 5 working days of month end
- Cash Flow / Cash Management
- Clean Audits (Financial and Gambling Board) across all Group companies
- Fraud Prevention
- Assist the CEO in devising and adhering to budgets.
- Work with the CEO to optimize operational systems and processes across the finance department in order to minimize risk and maximize efficiency.
- Manage all suppliers and payments in order to optimize cash flow.
- Manage and maintain tax compliance for all relevant taxes (including but not limited to Gambling Tax, VAT, Employee Tax and Income Tax)
- Oversee and manage the accounting department in order to produce management accounts efficiently and accurately.
- Assist the CEO in analyzing management accounts and in order to maintain a strong financial position.
- Oversee and manage the payments department in order to manage risk, prevent fraud and process customer payments efficiently and accurately.
- Assist the HR department in administering the payroll efficiently and accurately.
- Work with all relevant departments to manage risk and ensure compliance with applicable legislation (including but not limited to the Gambling Act, Companies Act, FICA and POPI).
- Oversee and manage the annual audit for all Group companies.
We offer a competitive salary and the opportunity to play a pivotal role in a growing venture within the sports betting industry.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs.