Position: Senior Onboarding Manager.
Hours of work:Full-time
Location: Nairobi Kenya, travel from time to time
At Leta, we are building the Operating System for Logistics in Africa, using tech to help companies move goods more efficiently and grow more. By leveraging AI technology, we help companies track and optimize their deliveries and move goods across the continent.
And we’re in good company: with customers like Chandaria Industries, Simbisa Brands (Galitos, ChickenInn and PizzaInn) and ShopZetu using our platform to deliver faster and more efficiently. It’s not just good company, it’s a great team as well.
We have a superstar team of smart people who previously worked at Delivery.com, Lori Systems, Deloitte, Kopo Kopo and have come together to solve for logistics across Africa. And we’re growing!
Purpose & Scope of Role
As the Senior Onboarding manager you will be in charge of onboarding our enterprise customers – such as Simbisa Brands, Chandaria Industries and G4S – onto the Leta platform, so that they are able to grow their business by increasing both efficiency and service quality in their last mile delivery operations.
You will manage the onboarding during the sales process, pilot and full roll-out. You will liaise with the management and operational teams at each of our customers. You work closely with Leta’s Customer Success team, as well as the Product & Tech, and Sales teams. You will report directly to our Chief Growth Officer.
In the role of the Senior Onboarding manager you will build a long term partnership with the customer, beginning during the sales process and continuing until the full onboarding is complete:
- You are involved with the sales process to assess the business needs of our customers, such as uncovering their current pain points, the desired state for their last-mile delivery operations and why they would benefit from Leta’s solution.
- As part of the sales process you conduct in depth solution mapping sessions to fully understand the customer’s last mile delivery operations and their KPIs, and to advise on how they can benefit from the Leta solution.
- In the meantime you establish a relationship with the management and operational teams of our customer.
- Together with our sales and product & tech teams you develop a high-level view on how the Leta solution can be best configured for the customer
- During the onboarding phase you start by developing and agreeing upon an onboarding plan, including pilot KPIs and full roll-out plan. This will involve working with the customer to fully understand their requirements & operations, working with Leta’s product & tech teams to assess the technical requirements, and then using your own judgment to decide on the structure, details and timelines of the onboarding.
- Most of our customers run their logistics manually at the moment and onboarding to Leta constitutes a major transformation of their logistics operations, therefore change management is critical to ensure the organization fully embraces Leta’s solution in order to benefit from it.
- You coordinate the pilot, including the setup of the system and training of the first group of riders/drivers to learn and fine tune before rolling out to all users.
- In the end it is not just about the technology we provide, but about the value we add to our customer, such as reducing operations costs, improving service levels, and providing customer insights. Therefore we collect a lot of data and provide this back to our customers in a way they are able to make business decisions. You coordinate this together with our data analysts
- When the solution is rolled out to all users and the expected benefits are achieved you will handover the customer to your CS colleagues
Skills, Experience and Competencies
- You have at least 8 years experience rolling out tech solutions to enterprise customers in logistics or any other relevant sectors such as fintech
- Consulting experience is preferred
- You have excellent organizational skills and robust project management experience
- Proven experience in managing complex stakeholder situations
- Experience with change management is preferred
- Experience or affinity with logistics and technology