The Company: Betjets
Role Name: Senior Accountant
Location: Claremont, Cape Town
Role specifics: Permanent position – subject to probation period
Hours of work: Monday to Friday 9:00am – 17:00pm
Betjets, an enterprising contributor in the sports betting industry, provides targeted marketing and operational support for two unique brands. With one brand enjoying established success and the other a burgeoning player in the sector, we are expanding our professional ensemble. We are currently seeking an experienced Senior Accountant.
The qualified candidate should be an experienced Senior accountant and oversee general accounting operations by controlling and verifying our financial transactions.
Senior accountant responsibilities include reconciling account balances and bank statements, maintaining general ledger and preparing month-end close procedures. A successful Senior accountant combines excellent analytical skills with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles to analyze financial reports and forecasts.
Senior accountant duties also include ensuring accuracy and effectiveness in all of our accounting tasks.
- Management of administration side of the finance function-filing invoices, reports and other legal documents
- Management of fixed asset register
- General bookkeeping
- Assist with annual audit preparation
- Income and VAT calculations
- Update cash flow forecast weekly
- Invoice capture on Xero (accounting package) as received from supplier and save in Dropbox
- Load supplier invoices on relevant due date and finance manager to release
- Reconcile all bank accounts daily on Xero to Bank statement
- Capture and reconcile credit cards at the end of the month
- Reconcile Bank accounts to accounting book monthly
- Analyze accounts and find cost savings
- Spot errors and suggest ways to improve efficiency and spending
- Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and procedures
- Participate in financial standards setting, forecast and projections
- Provide input into department’s goal setting process
- Prepare financial statements and produce budget according to schedule and monthly management reports
- Assist with tax audits and tax returns
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Responsible for company legal documentation (MOI’s, share certificates, employment contract templates etc)
- Be able to research BBBEE requirements, corporate requirements/filings etc.
- Oversee any regulatory license requirements including applications, renewals and other approvals
- Third Party Supplier Management
- Responsible for intra company loans
- Process Forex payments on FNB
- Deal with the banks and the admin side – eg requesting new profiles to set up etc.
- Liaise with our Financial manager to improve financial procedures
- Proven experience as senior accountant, accountant or relevant
- Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures
- Exceptional financial administration skills
- Awareness of business trends
- Familiarity with financial accounting statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
- Hands-on experience with accounting software packages
- Advanced MS Excel skills and pivot tables
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills
- BS degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant
We offer a competitive salary and the opportunity to play a pivotal role in a growing venture within the sports betting industry.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs.