The Company: Leta
Role Name: Senior Product Manager
Location: Nairobi Kenya
Role specifics: Permanent position – subject to probation period
At Leta, we are building the Operating System for Logistics in Africa, using tech to help companies move goods more efficiently and grow more.
By leveraging AI technology, we help companies track and optimize their deliveries and move goods across the continent. And we’re in good company: with customers like Chandaria Industries, Simbisa Brands (Galitos, ChickenInn and PizzaInn) and ShopZetu using our platform to deliver faster and more efficiently.
It’s not just good company, it’s a great team as well. We have a superstar team of smart people who previously worked at Delivery.com, Lori Systems, Deloitte, Kopo Kopo and have come together to solve logistics across Africa. And we’re growing!
We are in search of a Senior Product Manager with extensive experience in logistics and supply chain management, and a profound understanding of the African market. This role is vital for someone driven to deliver products that not only meet but surpass customer expectations, thereby significantly impacting the logistics sector in Africa.
- Strategically lead the development and execution of product strategies in line with Leta’s goals.
- Conduct in-depth market research and analysis to inform product development decisions.
- Collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams, including engineering, marketing, sales, and customer service, to deliver superior products.
- Define, prioritize, and communicate product features and enhancements.
- Manage the entire product development lifecycle, ensuring on-time and successful product launches for key customers such as Kenafric Bakeries, Chandaria Industries & G4S.
- Monitor product performance metrics and make data-driven recommendations for improvements.
- Stay abreast of the latest trends in logistics, supply chain management, and technology, particularly those relevant to the African market.
- Proven track record as a Senior Product Manager, with substantial experience (min. 5 years) in the logistics, supply chain or fintech sectors.
- Expertise in product management principles and methodologies.
- Proficient in software development processes, especially Agile methodologies.
- Exceptional communication, collaboration, and strategic problem-solving skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field. Advanced degrees like an MBA are highly regarded.
Leta is an equal opportunity employer and is deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.